Prohibited Practices & Consequences of Non-compliance
The penalties for engaging in prohibited practices in relation to the NMAT by GMACTM exam are severe.
The following practices are prohibited:
- Hiring someone to take the exam on your behalf
- Taking the exam for someone else
- Memorizing and sharing exam questions in any manner whatsoever
- Copying, asking or sharing questions or answers with others during or after the administration of the exam, in any manner whatsoever
- Carrying any prohibited item to the testing room at Test Centre or at Home
- Receiving, discussing or disclosing exam content via text message, e-mail, pictures, snapshots, in any internet "chat room" message board, or any other forum, before, during, and after any administration of the NMAT by GMACTM exam.
The penalties for engaging in prohibited practices are:
- Cancellation of your scores
- Ban on future testing
- Notification to schools/universities accepting NMAT by GMACTM exam score
- Damages for infringement of copyright
- Legal prosecution